- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Puff pastry
Cinnamon rolls for the lazy baker. Go easy on yourself and use shop bought puff pasty for minimum effort and maximum output.
Cheshire, England, UK
332 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 12 puff pastry cinnamon rolls
- 1 sheet ready made puffy pastry
- 20g butter, melted
- 100g to150g soft light brown sugar
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- water, as needed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons icing sugar
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- Let the pastry come to room temperature, unrolling if necessary, then brush with melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a muffin tin.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon, going right to the edges and pat down. The cinnamon should coat the sugar but not be too thick a layer.
- Tightly roll up the pastry on the long side and using a sharp knife, slice into 12 even pieces. Place in the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing a little water into icing sugar until achieving the desired consistency. It should be thin but not watery. Once the rolls have cooled slightly, drizzle over the icing. Serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
Yum! Easy to make, with essentially only store cupboard ingredients, meaning they can be whipped up in no time and no trip to the shops. Makes 12 small rolls that are almost "bite size", perfect size for a sweet treat without pigging out!-27 Oct 2014
Easy to follow, and absolutely delicious!-27 Oct 2014
Easy and quick to make and slightly addictive! Minimal washing up! This will be a firm favourite in our house!-22 Sep 2017