We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Steamed fish
This delicate preparation for snapper is full of flavour and best done in a bamboo steamer. For such an easy preparation, the dish is quite impressive served in the steamer at a dinner party.
39 people made this
- 450g (1 lb) red snapper, whole or fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dessertspoon sesame oil
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1/2 fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, finely chopped
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Bring about 4cm of water to boil in a steamer fitted with a basket large enough for the snapper to lie flat in one layer. Season snapper with salt and pepper, and place in the steamer basket. Top fish with ginger, and drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil. Place shiitake mushrooms, tomato, and red chilli in the steamer basket.
- Steam fish 15 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Sprinkle with coriander.
For a more sustainably sourced fish, try substituting snapper with red mullet or seabass.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(40)
Reviews in English (32)
Delicious. I skipped the tomatoes but the ginger aroma was heavenly. Very easy to make, i'll definitely make this again. Thanks!-03 Sep 2002
Excellent dish, VERY easy and VERY tasty! Thanks Charsiew! Reminded me of my childhood fish dishes, and my husband and family (who are not Chinese) absolutely loved it too. One note: make sure you cook this in a dish that can catch all the delicious sauce (i.e. not a steamer with holes).-30 Apr 2004
very good flavor, the only thing I changed was baking for 35 at 350 degrees my steamer was not big enough.-09 Feb 2006