We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Savoury pancakes
These lovely pancakes are made with courgette then stuffed with a savoury filling of feta cheese and red peppers. This makes a quick, healthy midweek meal, especially for those wanting to go meatfree a few times a week.
98 people made this
- 200g courgette, grated and pressed
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 stem of mint, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons oil for frying
- For the filling
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 100g feta cheese, diced
- 1 stem of mint, chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- For the batter, beat the eggs, flour, parsley, mint, salt and courgette in a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan (18cm diameter) and add a few tablespoons of batter for the first pancake. Flip when the edges are dry and bubbles form on the surface. Repeat to cook 5 more pancakes, one after the other, with 1 tablespoon oil; keep them warm under foil or in the oven as you are working.
- For the filling, heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the pepper for 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and mix with feta cheese and mint. If necessary, season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon filling onto the hot pancakes, fold and serve.
Forget flops with our collection of Pancake videos! We'll show you how to make everything from traditional pancakes to savoury crepes, and more. Watch now!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (7)
My pancakes turned out like thick American ones, so I placed the filling on top. I didn't add salt to the red pepper and feta, as the cheese made it salty enough. My husband, who doesn't like courgettes, actually enjoyed this dish. I paired it with pork chops and apple sauce. The taste of the pancakes is made interesting by the herbs, and the feta and red pepper compliment them well. I would make this again.-06 Aug 2011
Very filling, tasty and healthy. That batter looked a bit thick to me so added a little milk. The pancakes were still quite thick and very filling. I varied the filling a bit but you could have endless different fillings. Thanks.-20 Aug 2014
-08 Jan 2013