- Dish type
- Cake decorating
- Chocolate icing
A moist chocolate cake with a delicious rich fudgy chocolate icing . they never last long in our house!!! Chocoholics must try this!
4 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 8 muffin sized cakes
- 170g (6oz) plain flour
- 28g (1oz) cocoa powder
- 140g (5oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 85g (3oz) soft margarine or butter
- 150ml (1/4 pt) milk
- 1 tablespoon treacle
- 2 eggs
- 85g (3oz) plain chocolate
- 2 desertspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon 2tsp coffee dissolved in hot water (can be altered to taste)
- 28g (1oz) butter
- 170g (6oz) icing sugar
- small bag white chocolate buttons
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:20min cooling › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Sift the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Then add the butter, milk, treacle, and the eggs.
- Beat it for several minutes until it is smooth, and then divide the mixture equally between 8 muffin sized cases.
- Cook until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Now we make the icing. Put the plain chocolate, milk, teaspoon of hot water (with coffee to your taste), butter and icing sugar into a microwavable bowl, and melt it in the microwave.
- Let the cakes cool and then put the icing onto the top (I normally make patterns on the top with a fork) and then put the white chocolate buttons onto the top.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
really easy to do. and i will definatly be making this receipe again.-21 Mar 2011