We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Root vegetables
Great for dinner and my kids love them. Enjoy!
Isle of Wight, England, UK
6 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 5 Patties
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large potatoes
- 112g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150ml (1/4pt) water
- 1 small tin pilchards in tomato sauce
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Dice the onion and fry. Fry them on a lowish heat so they soften, rather than go brown and crispy.
- Boil your potatoes until soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make up the batter. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and add the water slowly, whisking all the time until you have a smooth batter.
- Mash your potato, but don't add any milk or butter. Add the onion and tin of pilchards and mash again.
- Put some flour on your work surface and dust some on your hands and form the mash mixture into patties, dust them off with some flour which will help the batter stick to them.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and get it hot. Dip your patties into the batter mixture then pop into the frying pan and fry on a medium heat until golden brown.