- Dish type
- Coffee drinks
I found this simple recipe for a lovely iced coffee when I was in Rhode Island, a nice pick-me-up without having a hot drink or a Red Bull.
4 people made this
- 4 heaped teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 litre boiling water
- ice cubes
- 60ml double cream
- sugar to taste
- 1 shot per cup Baileys (optional)
MethodPrep:1hr30min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:1hr35min
- First add the coffee granules to the boiling water and mix well. Leave in fridge for 1 hour.
- Add plenty of ice cubes and place back in the fridge; continue adding ice cubes as they melt.
- When coffee is ice cold (but not frozen) add the cream and pour into a glass with some ice in it. (It's at this point if you want sugar and/or Baileys you should add them). Enjoy!
I personally prefer adding the Cream, Sugar and Baileys per cup so that everyone can get it how they want it, like you would with a regular coffee. Also the reason i use cream is because it tastes much sweeter without needing as much sugar. But single cream or milk works just as well.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
This was a very nice iced coffee, which I enjoyed without the Bailey's. I suggest refraining form adding too many ice cubes though. The strength of the coffee, therefore the taste, is compromised by too much water. Thank you for the recipe.-29 Feb 2016