- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
A great recipe for those who enjoy a fusion of garlic, honey and soya sauce with a zing of lemon. Garnish with a fresh salad of your choice.
18 people made this
- 3 tablespoons clear runny honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- smoked paprika, to taste
- dried red chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:4hr marinating › Ready in:4hr40min
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the chicken, in a bowl and leave to settle for 10 minutes. Add the chicken fillets and mix in the marinade with a spoon, or if you want you can mix it by hand if you like messy cooking! Let the chicken absorb all the fabulous flavours for approximately 3 to 4 hours in the fridge, covered with cling film.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Take the chicken out of the bowl and place on a baking tray, lined with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until no longer pink in the centre. Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold.
Another option is to BBQ them if you prefer the smokiness and slight crispiness. They should take about 10 to 12 minutes over a medium-high heat, cook until no longer pink in the centre.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
A great Receipe. This was a big hit with the family tonight. I marinated for longer than required, I did 6 hours as I made it to early. I poured the left over sauce onto the chicken whilst it was cooking as I didn't want to waste it. I served with noodles and stir fry veg instead of the recommended salad. Will definitely be making again-01 Sep 2016